Moisture resistant Wooden Element
For the first time in history, the phenomenon of vacuum drying has been harnessed for the construction industry in this way. In general, this means a very long life cycle for wood-based constructions, excellent moisture resistance and elimination of moisture problems and extreme energy efficiency. Wooden structures can now be used in conditions and places where this has never been possible before.
The pilot unit
- The VWT Plant Factory at the Natural Resources Institute Finland since 2021.
- Wood-based Plant Factory is the first of its kind in the entire world.
- Excellent energy efficiency
- No heating required (only LED lights)
- 0% of concrete utilized
- Health data from each Element since 2020; elements are as new.
- The need for rain protection during construction phase is fully eliminated and both the traditional costs/risk/time for protection are avoided.
100+ years life cycle
- VWT technology offers extra long life cycle and durability.
- Our goal is that each elemet can live longer than us.
- The Elements are modular and reusable
- Sensor technology inside each element.
- Ability to continiously monitor moisture and collect data on each element.
- Each element have life time documented data.
- Maintenance once per 2 years
- Vacuum is excellent insulation and we are make it even more effective
- U-value < 0.2 W/(m²K)
- Super insulation option under R&D that offers even 6 times better insulation than current materials.